The Triceps Brachii also assists Latissimus Dorsi in extending the shoulder joint. It contracts strongly during the up phase of a push up, to straighten the arm.
- Long head - Lower part of the glenoid cavity of the scapula
- Lateral head - Upper half of the posterior surface of the humerus
- Medial head - Lower 2/3 of the posterior surface of the humerus
- Olecranon process of the ulna
- Extension of the elbow
- Radial nerve
- Pushing a door closed
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?
- Tricep extension with a resistance band
- Tricep dips
- Tricep kickbacks with a dumbbell
- French press with a barbell