The Extensor Digtitorum Longus muscle is one of the three dorsi flexors (pulls the foot upwards) of the foot. It is exercised by trying to walk on the heels.
- Lateral condyle of the tibia
- Head and anterior surface of the fibula
- Interosseous membrane (between tibia and fibia)
- Dorsal (top) surface of the middle and end phalanges of the four outer toes.
- Extends toes
- Peroneal (Fibular) nerve
- Walking upstairs and making sure the toes clear the steps
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?
- Toe raises