Extensor Digitorum Longus
The Extensor Digtitorum Longus muscle is one of the three dorsi flexors (pulls the foot upwards) of the foot. It is exercised by trying to walk on the heels.
- Lateral condyle of the tibia
- Head and anterior surface of the fibula
- Interosseous membrane (between tibia and fibia)
- Dorsal (top) surface of the middle and end phalanges of the four outer toes.
- Extends toes
- Peroneal (Fibular) nerve
- Walking upstairs and making sure the toes clear the steps
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?