The Semimembranosus muscle is the most medial (inside) of the three hamstring muscles and along with the semitendinosus muscle provides dynamic stability to the knee joint.
- Ischial tuberosity
- Posterior part of the medial condyle of the tibia
- Hip extension
- Knee flexion
- Internal rotation of the hip when the knee is flexed
- Tibial part of the sciatic nerve
- Bending the knee to step over something
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?
- Knee curl machine
- Hip extension using body weight
- Hip extension using a resistance band