The aim is to practice a passing technique over a middle distance, allowing the pass to be made with control and speed.
Organisation: 2 players facing each other at a distance suitable for player’s ability, 1 ball. Players pass the ball between each other using correct chest pass technique.
- From a two-handed catching position make sure the ball is kept at chest height
- Fingers should be spread behind the ball
- Keep elbows low and relaxed
- Transfer weight from back foot to front foot
- Push the ball out, extending and following through with the arms, wrists, hands and fingers in the direction of the receiver
- Increase the distance between the players ensuring accuracy and speed are maintained
- Move from a static receiver to a moving receiver
- Add a defender to the moving receiver
- Apply pressure by using pass in a group drill e.g. The Chest Pass Square