Netball Drill - Ball Skills - Shoulder Pass
Can't View YouTube? Download Flash Version.
Aim: To practice a passing technique over a long distance.
Organisation: 2 players facing each other at a distance suitable for player’s ability, 1 ball. Players pass the ball between each other using correct shoulder pass technique.
- Balanced starting position with opposite foot forward to throwing arm
- Use second to steady the ball if necessary
- Hold the ball at head height with fingers spread behind (not under) the ball
- Body weight is transferred from the back foot to the front foot
- The hand, arm and shoulder should then thrust forwards towards the target
- Ensure players use both left and right sides
- Increase the distance of the pass
- Move from a static receiver to a moving receiver
- Add a defender to the moving receiver
- Apply pressure by using pass in a group drill e.g. Shoulder Pass with 1 Ball