Middle player passes the ball to an outside player who must come to meet the ball and return it. Repeats on opposite side.
Soccer Control Drills
Aim: To improve control and 1st touch
Suitable for: Under 9's and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 2 cones, 2 balls for 3 players
How: Outside players pass ball to central player who always comes to meet the ball. Outside players to make a movement away from ball and then comes in to meet it. Central player must take 2 or more touches.
- This drill can be made more difficult by gradually Increasing tempo or speed.
- Limit players to only two touches.
- Outside players can serve the ball in the air for the central player to control with knee, head or chest.
- Concentrate on quality of 1st touch
- Ensure body shape is correct.
- First touch out of feet ready to return pass