Dribbling drill where players dribble the ball to the cone then pass off to the next player at another cone. A continuous dribbling based football drill.
Soccer dribbling drills
Aim: To improve dribbling technique
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 4 cones, 2 balls
Organisation: Continuous practice. Players dribble with ball 20m to cone then pass to the front player of the other group whose first touch should take them in the direction they need to go, towards the cone. Both sides can go at the same time.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Add 5 cones at start of run for player to dribble through
- What part of the boot to use (inside for dribbling, outside when running with ball in open areas)
- The distance the ball should be away from the dribblers feet
- Head up / vision / awareness