A simple drill where two teams race in a relay dribbling the ball between a line of cones. The first team to successfully complete wins.
Soccer dribbling drills
Aim: To improve dribbling technique
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Cones and 1 ball for each team.
Organisation: Split players into 2 teams. The first player from each team has to dribble the ball in and out of the cones all the way, then leave it for the next player. The drill is completed once all players have dribbled through the cones.
- Players to use weaker foot only
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Move the cones closer together to make it harder
- What part of the boot to use
- How to shield the ball from opposition
- Different methods of keeping the ball, change of direction, change of pace
- Head up / vision / awareness of space