Fun Football Games
Aim: To improve dribbling, running with the ball and defending techniques
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 ball for each player, 4 cones.
Organisation: Mark off an area suitable for the number and age of players. One or two players are selected as the Bulldogs, and they stand in the middle of the play area. All remaining players stand at one end of the area (home). The aim of the game is to run with the ball from one end of the field of play to the other, without being caught by the bulldogs. When a player is caught, they become a bulldog themselves. The winner is the last player to become a bulldog. Continuous practice.
- Encourage Bulldogs to work as a unit and close down one player at a time
- When there are even numbers of Bulldogs they must work in pairs closing down
- Make the areas smaller or larger
- When players dribble to end line they must do a sharp turn and come straight back across without hesitation
- Head up / vision / awareness of space
- Players encouraged to dribble and beat the Bulldog with a piece of skill or a trick
- Communication between Bulldogs, work as a unit