Football - Fun Games Drill - Cats and Dogs
Aim: To improve dribbling, running with the ball, shielding and defending techniques
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 ball for each player.
Organisation: Two or three players are selected as the Dogs, and they stand in the corner of the coned area. All remaining players have a ball each anywhere in the area. The aim of the game is to protect your ball and keep possession without being tackled by the Dogs. When a player is tackled and their ball has been kicked out of the area, they collect their ball and wait on the outside of the area. The winner is the last player to become a Dog. Continuous practice.
The last 3 people to be tackled can start as dogs in the next round.
- Encourage the dogs to work as a unit and close down one player at a time
- When there are even numbers of dogs they must work in pairs closing down
- Make the area smaller or larger
- Head up / vision / awareness of space
- Communication between dogs, work as a unit