Player receives the ball from one of three opposite players and must control and return it to a different player without a ball.
Soccer Control Drills
Aim: To improve control and 1st touch
Suitable for: U8’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 2 balls for 4 players
Organisation: 3 players with 2 balls serve one working player. One server starts by passing the ball to working player who must control and pass to the server without a ball. Working player then commands ball from the other server with a ball. Continuous practice for 1 minute.
- Increase tempo
- Limit touches to 1 or 2, more emphasis on the quality on the 1st touch to get ball under control
- Serving players can serve the ball in the air for control with knee, head or chest.
- Vary distance between players
- Quality of 1st touch
- Body shape / movement
- Player alert and on their toes
- Player to react to the flight of the ball