Players pass the ball backwards and forwars to each other aiming to get the ball between the gaps made by four cones.
More football passing drills
Aim: To improve control and 1st touch
Suitable for: Under 9's and upwards Equipment:
Marked area, 4 cones, 1 ball.
No. of players: 2 upwards (more players can form lines at each end taking turns)
How: Players pass the ball between each other over approximately 20m using limited touches. Driven pass through the middle cones and firm side footed pass with curl through the outer cones.
- This drill can be made more difficult by gradually Increasing tempo or speed.
- Limit players to only two touches.
- Passes must leave the ground
- Receiving player can move left or right to encourage passing player to keep his head up.
- Concentrate on weight of pass - not too soft or too firm.
- Focus on accuracy.
- Aim to get the first touch out of feet to the left or to the right ready for return pass.