Shooter passes the ball off to one player who forwards onto another before the ball is set for a shot.
Soccer shooting drills
Aim : To improve passing and shooting technique
Suitable for: U11’s and upwards
Equipment: 1 goal, 1 ball, 2 cones.
Organisation: Player A starts with the ball. Player B stands in front and to the left of player A, with player C in front and to the right of player B. Player A passes to player B and starts to move towards the goal. Player B then plays the ball to player C, who lays it in the path of player A who shoots 1st time.
- Must be high tempo
- At least one shot must be with weaker foot
- Add goalkeepers and defenders to pressure player as he picks up the ball
- Accuracy of shot
- Accuracy and weight of pass
- Shot selection (driven, side foot placed, lob, curl, etc)
- Vision, awareness of goalkeepers position