The following warm up drills can be done before a pole vault training session. They work on mobilising the ankle, knee and hip joints ready for the demands of the Pole Vault.
The following warm up drills can be done before a pole vault training session.
- Ankle rolls - moving gradually into run through.
- Toe bounces - foot should be in dorsi flexion nice and light to the cone into run through.
- Long pushes - straight leg moving into acceleration run then back into long pushes to finish.
- Sideways cross overs - lift the heel over the knee of the front foot then back behind. Keep the core strong. Repeat in the other direction.
- High knee pick up into acceleration run keeping the foot dorsi flexed.