The aim is to improve control and handling. The player starts with the ball in above their head and circles the ball clockwise around their neck, down to the waist, knees, and then ankles.
Basketball Ball Handling
- Increase the speed of movement.
- As the ball is circled around each body part, the player can slap the ball with one hand.
- change direction to anti-clockwise
- Keeping the fingers spread
- Making sure the ball is held firm as this should improve a players ability to hold on to rebounds, passes, or collecting a loose ball.