The aim is to improve control and handling, dribbling. The player starts by dribbling forward 3 to 5 bounces. On the last bounce the player stops, catches the ball in front of them, making sure their knees are bent and feet are parallel to each other.
Basketball Ball Handling
- Player can now dribble the ball backwards in the same fashion.
- Dribble to the left and right in a shuffling action, when going to the right make sure the ball is dribbled with the left hand, and when going to the left the ball should be dribbled using the right hand.
- Use alternate hands when going forward and back.
- Increase speed
- Dribble lower
- Make sure the player gives the ball a hard, quick slap when changing hands.
- The hand that is not in use should be ready for the switch at all times, so should be held between the players legs.
- Concentrate on stopping quickly, making sure the knees are bent.
- Everything should be done in control.