Players compete in a large square with the aim of scoring by knocking off either of the balls placed on saucer cones in the middle.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve passing and movement and shooting techniques in football / soccer.
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 6 cones, 3 ball between 4 players
Organisation: In a square 2 teams play against each attempting to keep possession and when the opportunity arises try and knock 1 of the balls off the cones in the middle of the square. If they are successful they score a point and the ball is given to the opposition.
If the ball goes out the square it is given to the team that did not knock it out.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Increase the marked area to promote passing and movement
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of supporting player
- Communication is essential
- Players encouraged to overlap to support and take players away
- Shoot on sight