A line of balls is placed between two teams of two. Players take it in turn to race to the middle and collect a ball and the team with the most balls collected wins.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve dribbling and skill techniques
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 4 cones, 11 balls (or any odd number) between 4 players.
- Increase / decrease the marked area
- Add a defender on each side of the balls
- Use weaker foot only
- Emphasis is on keeping the ball close to feet
- Encourage players to use tricks and pieces of skill
- Feints / drop shoulder, nutmegs, knock & run, big toe little toe, etc.
- Encourage players to run at pace, turn quickly, sharp change of direction and close control.