Players compete in a central area aiming to create space to shoot and knock their opponents ball off a cone.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve 1st touch / control, passing and movement techniques
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 14 cones and 7 balls between 4 players.
Organisation: Players must stay in a marked out square and attempt to score by knocking the 3 balls off the cones behind the opponent’s goal line. No players can enter the end zones.
When a ball is knocked off the ball is returned to the opposition. If the ball goes out of the square it is given to the team that didn't knock it out.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Increase / decrease the marked area to promote a better 1st touch and quicker feet (smaller area) or pass and move (larger area)
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of supporting player
- Communication is essential
- 1st touch with inside or outside of foot
- Players encouraged to overlap to support and take players away