Pitch is marked with two 'end zones'. Players compete with each other to score by receiving a pass in either of the end zones.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve 1st touch / control, passing and movement techniques
Suitable for: U8’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 8 cones and 1 ball between 4 players.
Organisation: In a square mark out 2 end zones with cones. The aim for each team is to score by passing and receiving the ball in either of the end zones and passing the ball back out. If a team scores at one end they must then try to score at the opposite end.
If the ball goes out of the square then it is given to the other team.
- Encourage players to play at a high tempo
- Increase / decrease the marked area to promote a better 1st touch and quicker feet (smaller area) or pass and move (larger area)
- Overload 3 v 2
- Emphasis is on pass & move (one two’s)
- Communication is essential
- Players encouraged to overlap