One pair attempts to pass the ball between each other through passing gates for one minute while the other pair rest.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve 1st touch / control, passing and movement techniques
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 4 cones, 3 passing gates, 1 ball between 2 players
Organisation: Players set up as shown in the video and diagram. The aim of the drill is for two players to pass the ball through as many passing gates as possible in a minute. The other 2 players resting can be used as wall players. After 1 minute players swap places.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Increase / decrease the marked area to promote a better 1st touch and quicker feet (smaller area) or pass and move (larger area)
- 2 touch
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of the next passing gate
- Communication is essential
- 1st touch with inside or outside of foot in direction of next passing gate
- Players encouraged to move the ball with minimum touches