Two pairs compete in a marked area with a cone gate in the middle. They score by passing to their team mate through the cone gate. Higher skilled players can set the playing area smaller or have a smaller gate.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve passing and movement techniques
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 6 cones, 1 ball between 4 players
Organisation: Set up a square with two cones in the middle as a goal. The aim is to keep possession in your team and try to score by passing the ball through the central cones to your team mate.
If a goal is scored the ball gets given to the opposition. If the ball goes out of the square it is given to the team that didn't knock it out.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Increase / decrease the marked area to promote a better 1st touch and quicker feet (smaller area) or pass and move (larger area)
- Increase / decrease the distance between the central cones
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of supporting player
- Communication is essential
- 1st touch with inside or outside of foot
- Players encouraged to overlap to support and take players away