Players work in pairs aiming to pass the ball to each other between sets of cones and avoiding the other pairs.
Soccer Control Drills
Aim: To improve control and 1st touch
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 10 cones, 2 balls for 4 players
Organisation: In a square players work in pairs, 2 pairs to a box. 3 cone gates are placed in the area. To score a point a player must pass through a gate to partner, the players then pass the ball towards and through another gate. Continuous practice.
- Increase tempo
- Limit touches with the emphasis on the quality on the 1st touch towards the next gate
- Vary distance between players and size of gates
- Quality of 1st touch / soft boot
- Body shape / movement
- Player alert and on their toes
- Player to communicate at all times