Player receives the ball, controls and dribbles through two hoops before moving the ball into a small coned area.
Soccer Control Drills
Aim: To improve control and 1st touch
Suitable for: U11’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 6 cones, 2 passing hurdles, 5 balls for 2 players
Organisation: In a square, have 1 working player and 1 player serving the balls. The aim of the drill is for the working player to come towards server and command a ball, the player must then dribble and pass the ball through 2 hurdles and then stop the ball in the opposite marked corner area. Continuous practice.
Working player works with 5 balls then swaps with serving player.
- Working players to concentrate on the quality of 1st touch in the direction of the first hurdle
- Increase / decrease the size of the area
- Have a competition between the 2 players to see how long it takes them to transfer the balls across the area to the other corner
- Quality of 1st touch / soft boot
- Body shape / movement / Speed of play
- Player alert and on their toes
- Player to communicate at all times