Classic game of piggie in the middle where players around a circle pass the ball whilst two in the middle try to intercept.
Soccer Control Drills
Aim: To improve 1st touch / control
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 ball
Organisation: Start with 8 players making a circle. The 8 players must keep possession away from 2 players that are positioned in the centre of the circle. Swap middle players.
- Players on the outside can’t pass to the player next to them
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Change team ratio’s (7 v 3)
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of the following pass
- Communication to command the ball
- 1st touch with inside or outside of foot