Players dribble the ball around a marked circile keeping control of their ball whilst at the same time trying to kick another players ball out of the circle.
Soccer dribbling drills
Aim: To improve dribbling technique
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked round area, 1 ball for each player.
Organisation: Players dribble around the area in any direction keeping the ball close under control. On the coaches command all players must try and tackle another player and kick their ball out of the circle, whilst protecting their own ball. Players who have their ball kicked out of the circle retrieve their ball and dribble around the circle until there is one person left with a ball. Continuous practice.
- Players to use weaker foot only
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Make circle smaller or larger
- What part of the boot to use
- How to shield the ball from opposition
- Different methods of keeping the ball, change of direction, change of pace
- Head up / vision / awareness of space