Dribbling drill where players dribble around two opponents then finish with a shot to the goal.
Soccer dribbling drills
Aim: To improve dribbling technique
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 goal, 1 ball per striker
Organisation: Players dribble from the starting point with the ball to the 1st area where a defender is positioned. After dribbling past this defender the player must now take on the 2nd defender. Then with a clear run on goal the striker must go around the keeper to slot the ball into the net. Continuous practice.
- Encourage players to run at defenders and goalkeeper at pace
- Increase distances between defenders
- Add another defender, start run from half way line
- What part of the boot to use (inside for dribbling, outside when running with ball in open areas)
- The distance the ball should be away from the dribblers feet
- Players encouraged to do pieces of skill to beat defenders
- Head up / vision / awareness