Players cross the ball in high from different angles and the keeper must catch and throw the ball back. For variance, the next kick taker can be kept secret in order to develop reactions and vision.
Soccer Goalkeeping Drills
Aim: To improve Goalkeeping techniques
Suitable for: U10’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, cones and balls
- Randomly number the servers so the GK does not know which direction the next cross is coming from.
- Place a forward in the marked area to try and get on the end of the crosses
- Keeper to be on toes all the time
- The goalkeeper should jump off one leg and lift the knee
- Anticipation & awareness
- Footwork - agility & flexibility
- Starting position