Player runs into the area, quickly changes direction, calls for a ball then heads into goal.
Soccer Heading Drills
Aim: To improve attacking heading techniques
Suitable for: U10’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, balls and cones.
Organisation: Players set up as shown in the video and diagram. Players start from the edge of the box. 2 server’s stand either side of the goal. One Player make a run towards the centre cone and quickly change direction towards a server, calls for the ball and tries to score.
- Increase / decrease the distance between players and the goal
- When a player has head the ball he must sprint to the edge of the box, do an activity, like a press up or sit up then join the end of the other queue of players
- Add goalkeepers
- Timing of the header
- Direction of the header
- Communication between the player and the server
- Use the forehead, not the top of the head
- Players to jump for the ball to take it earlier
- Player to attack the ball for more power