The aim is to delay an attacking player from moving forward.
Netball Defensive Movment
Organisation: Set up area with cones for players to work within. Attacking player moves forwards whilst defending player moves backwards using side steps to delay attacker.
- Head and eyes up, dont look down at feet.
- Maintain an upright body position directly in front and close to the attacking player (do not drop shoulders forward)
- Quick feet, small footbase, on toes and knees flexed
- Use arms to assist quick movement
- After delaying the attacking player roll outwards and into 1st stage defending
- Linking 1st and 3rd stage defending drill