The aim is to obtain possession of the ball from a missed shot.
Netball Defensive Movment
Organisation: Two players and two defenders around the area of the post. Player takes a shot whilst being second stage defended. The shot is missed in order for the defender to jump and collect the rebound.
- Defender takes up a ready position, knees bent, on toes ready to jump.
- Arms begin at the players side slightly flexed ready to move upwards at speed to increase jumping height and reach for the ball at highest point.
- Eyes directed up towards the ball and ring.
- Avoid standing directly under the ring.
- Jump straight up and down and land in an upright and balanced position.
- Incorporate a turn in the air to land facing your attacking end.
- Make a successful pass after winning the rebound.