The aim is to practice different styles of defending.
Organisation: Players set up in a triangle labelled A, B and C. The ball moves around these three players in sequence and the defender who starts in the centre of the triangle aims to intercept using first and second stage defence.
- Keep head and eyes up at all times.
- Keep small foot base.
- Watch ball and player's eyes, ready to time the interception.
- Mixing up the direction the ball travels.
- Increase the size of the triangle.
- Use a variety of different passes.
- You could make the triangle into a square.