The aim is to provide passing options for attacking players.
Organisation: 10 players, 1 ball. Players set up in similar formation but with an additional pair in the shooting circle, all 3 pairs being marked by 1 defender. The drill ends with a shot at goal before returning to the ball to other end of the court in order to start again.
- Effective use of sprint and change direction technique to maximise success
- Timing and accuracy of passes in relation to movement
- Defender must make a clear move left or right to mark one of the attacking players
- Release the ball quickly, incorporating a turn in the air to aid vision of the next pass
- Static feeders/receivers can move to get the ball
- Defenders increase intensity of pressure on each attacker
- Attackers to use a variety of attacking moves to outwit the defender
- Vary the starting positions so they are game related e.g. goal line throw-in, rebound, side line throw-in etc.