The aim is to outwit a defender by using a full turn.
Organisation: 3 players – 1 worker, 1 shadowing defender and 1 feeder. Cones can be used to signal a point to drive towards. Worker and defender stand next to each other. The worker makes a full turn around the back of her defender and then drives off.
- Start in a two-footed balanced position with knees flexed
- Head up and eyes on the ball
- Pivot backwards on the ball of the foot that is closest to the defender, taking your hips, shoulders and head with you
- Pivot on the other leg in order to swing the original leg around to complete the full turn
- Drive forward off the front foot pulling the knee through
- Angle your sprint towards the ball
- Regain eye contact with the feeder by turning the head early
- Take the pass at speed, jumping to control the landing which should be in an upright, balanced position
- Work both sides of the body
- Increase pressure from defender
- Apply technique to a 3v3 game or other small game situations with conditions “every ball must be passed to someone who has used a full turn”