The aim is to outrun a defender who is slower than you.
Organisation: 3 players – 1 worker, 1 shadowing defender and 1 feeder. Cones can be used to signal a point to drive towards. Worker sprints at an angle in order to receive the ball ahead of the defender.
- Weight on balls of feet and knees flexed
- Head up, eyes on the ball
- Drive forward off the front foot pulling the knee through
- Use the arms to maximise acceleration
- Take the pass at speed, jumping to control the landing which should be in an upright, balanced position
- Move the ball away from the defender
- Vary angles and directions moved in
- Increase pressure from defender
- Apply technique to a 3v3 game or other small game situations with conditions “every ball must be passed to someone who has used a straight sprint”