The aim is to work the ball to the edge of the circle in order to be in a good position to feed a shooter.
Organisation: 2 lines of players beginning in the centre third, 1 shooter and 1 defender in the shooting area. Players in 1 line have a ball each, player in opposite line sprints to receive a pass on the circle edge. Feeder (after passing ball) also drives to circle edge to support the first attacking player. Meanwhile the attacking player with the ball passes to the shooter and makes a shot for goal.
- Ensure passes are accurate and into the space, enabling the moving player to attack the ball
- Use arms to maximise speed on sprint to circle edge
- Land in an upright and balanced position as close to the circle edge as possible
- Ball to shooter must be placed away from the defender
- Swap the side/line that the ball begins on
- Add a defender who begins at the top of the shooting area, moving forward to intercept the ball. Their starting position can then be varied.
- Increase the amount of passes leading up to and around the circle edge
- Circle edge drive - on and off drill
- Add more players to make a modified game, using the condition of feeding the ball from the circle edge. Circle edge drive with defence