The aim is to deceive the defender by making a forward drive then cutting back towards the post.
Organisation: One feeder on the edge of the circle, one shooter and one defender. Shooter sprints towards the feeder quickly changes direction and cuts back towards the post to receive an overhead pass.
- Shooter must make a positive move towards the feeder.
- In order for her to change direction effectively, the shooter must plant her front foot firmly to push off, whilst turning hips in the new direction.
- Keep body upright during change of direction.
- Ensure the cut back is towards the post.
- Ensure ball from feeder is accurate and away from the defender.
- Practice changing direction on both feet, resulting in turning to your left or right. As seen on the video.