The aim is to step back in order to avoid interference from a defender.
Organisation: The shooter takes up a shooting position close to the post. Then steps back to execute the shot on her non landing foot lifting her landing foot from the ground.
- Maintain balance on one foot.
- Use correct high shooting technique.
- Follow the ball towards the post after release.
- Practice on both legs and from different angles around the post.
- Sprint towards post to receive a pass.
- Bring in a defender.
- Ask other people to distract you during this process e.g. shouting, nudging, or visually in order for you to maintain concentration and balance