The aim is to encourage all players to participate in bringing the ball down the court.
Organisation: 7 players working on the whole court, spaced in this area according to their position. GK starts with the ball and passes it to the GD after she has completed an attacking move e.g. a change of direction. Whilst the GD is receiving the ball and making herself ready to pass it on, the WD begins her change of direction and so on. GS’s should make their change of direction towards the post in order to be in the best shooting position
- Ensure passes are accurate and into the space, enabling the moving player to attack the ball
- Time the change of direction so you are making your second drive as the feeder is ready to release the ball
- Keep head and eyes up, maintaining an awareness of the players and space around you
- Make your drives clear by using your arms and moving into the space available, aiming to balance the court at all times
- Vary the starting position of the GK e.g. goal line throw-in, rebound etc.
- Add limited defence to the drill