International Athlete, Sports Model and Presenter Jenny Pacey talks to TeachPE about her Sprint Start Technique.
- Begin in the blocks in a crouch position with the back knee on the ground and all the weight resting on the fingertips.
- In the 'set' bring the hips up so that the body is in the loaded position.
- Listen for the 'B' of the 'BANG' and launch out of the blocks at that point. Reaction time is vital.
- For the first 10 metres aim to stay low, pumping the legs hard, keeping the eyes down at the ground and accelerating powerfully.
- From 20 metres bring the body to more of an upright position.
- By 30 metres the athlete should be running at full speed.