The player in the middle of the circle passes to and receives back either of the players on the outside in turn.
Soccer Control Drills
Aim: To improve 1st touch / control & passing technique
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 ball.
Organisation: Players make a circle, one player stands in the middle, the player in the middle calls for the ball from the starting player, controls it and passes to the next player in the circle. Then calls for the ball again, moving round from player to player until the whole of the circle is completed. Then swap middle player.
- Serving player to throw ball to head, knee or chest
- 2 touch (control & pass)
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- 1st touch should keep ball out of feet
- Communication to command the ball
- Passing with inside of boot or laces