Football dribbling practice drill where players dribble the ball through cone gates keeping the baall under control.
Soccer dribbling drills
Aim: To improve dribbling technique
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 ball for each player, cones and slalom poles.
Organisation: Players dribble from the starting point through the cone gates, around the top cone and then in and out of the line of cones whilst keeping the ball close under control. Continuous practice.
- Players to use weaker foot only
- Make the distance between the cones smaller or larger
- Add defender instead of top cone
- Players to go opposite way around activity
- What part of the boot to use
- How to shield the ball from opposition
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Players encouraged to use both feet