Fun Football Games
Aim: To improve dribbling, running with the ball, shielding and defending techniques
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 1 ball for each player, 8 cones.
Organisation: To start one player is selected as the Crocodile and they stand in the central coned area (The River). All remaining players have a ball each and start on an end line. The aim of the game is to cross the river, protecting your ball and keeping possession without being tackled by the crocodile. When a player is tackled and their ball has been kicked out of the area, they stand outside of the area. The winner is the last player with a ball. Continuous practice, end to end.
The winner can become the crocodile in the next round.
- Make the areas smaller or larger
- When players dribble to end line they must do a sharp turn and come straight back across the river without hesitation
- Head up / vision / awareness of space
- Players encouraged to dribble and cross the river with a piece of skill or a trick
- Communication between crocodiles, work as a unit