Players race to a cone and back then the next one and back keeping the ball under control.
More football passing drills
Aim: To improve dribbling technique
Suitable for: U7’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, 8 cones, 2 balls
Organisation: Players dribble with the ball to the 1st cone, turn and dribble back to starting cone. They then turn and dribble to the 2nd cone and back, then the 3rd cone and back. The player stops the ball on the line and the next player repeats the practice. Both sides can go at the same time. Continuous practice.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Add more cones or increase distances between them
- Have a race between the teams
- What part of the boot to use (inside for dribbling, outside when running with ball in open areas)
- The distance the ball should be away from the dribblers feet
- Head up / vision / awareness