Two v two game of headers and volleys tennis in a marked court with cones placed in the middle to make a net. Points are won if the ball hits the floor more than twice and fun competition can be had by setting a points target.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve control, heading and volleying techniques
Suitable for: U11’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 8 cones, 1 ball between 4 players
Organisation: Using the scoring system from tennis, players pass, volley or head the ball to the opponent’s side of the court / area over the net (or coned area). Each team are allowed three touches and 2 bounces before knocking the ball over the net.
- Allow more or less touches and bounces
- Increase / decrease the size of the area
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, soft touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of supporting player
- Players encouraged to keep the ball in the air which will allow team mate an easier pass to deal with before knocking over the net.
- Communication is essential