The aim is to restrict the vision of the opposing player who is in possession of the ball.
Netball Defensive Movment
Organisation: Three players - a shooter, defender and receiver. The shooter attempts to shoot whilst the defender takes up a tall stance with arms and hands covering the potential path the ball will take.
- Defender takes up a position in front of the player with the ball at a distance of 0.9m (3 feet) from their landing foot.
- Fully stretched (either tall or wide) to cover the space as near to the ball as possible.
- Fingers spread, palms facing ball.
- Watch the ball and players eyes.
- Feet less than shoulder width apart and keep on toes for maximum height.
- Bodyweight slightly forwards whilst maintaining this position for at least three seconds.
- This can be applied to any area of the court, not just shooting.
- Progress to rebounding drill